Starbucks Youth Action
Apply by 17th March for Starbucks Youth Action 2014
This programme inspires, empowers and supports young people from across the UK to make a difference in their communities by applying to Starbucks Youth Action for funding to get their projects off the ground. As well as supporting the young people to bring to life the projects that mean the most to them, we also offer training to young people on managing a budget, working with volunteers and project management. At the end of our third successful year we have supported over 150 youth-led projects around the UK and Ireland. Whether it is funding boxing equipment in East London, gift bags for children in hospitals in Hampshire or introducing bee-hives to an inner-city park in Manchester, we are committed to supporting young people to make their communities better places to be.
- Queerdiff – Cardiff
The Queerdiff project coordinates meets and support groups for LGBT+ young people in and around the city of Cardiff.
- Muffins Dream – south
The Muffins Dream Foundation was set up this project last year with the mission to ‘provide chances for children and young people with long term illness and disability to lead a happy life’.
- Frenford Summer tournament – London
Starbucks Youth Action helped to fund Frenford Summer Tournament - a series of football tournaments for young people aged 8-21 in the local community.
- Fit2Box – London
Fit2Box is a non-contact boxing fitness workout session – coaching self-defence, keeping active, improving confidence and more. Fit2Box gets young people out of their comfort zone – overcoming their lack of confidence, self-belief and insecurities – to exercise and try their best, instead of sitting back watching TV or playing video games.
Applications for Starbucks Youth Action 2014 are open now.
What you need to do: Check that you meet the eligibility criteria:
- You must be aged between 16 and 24
- If you’re selected you will need to be available to attend a training day with Starbucks and UK Youth in April 2014
If you apply online you will have to complete a separate ‘Budget Sheet’ and attach when prompted, budget form can be found here.
Applications received on time will be acknowledged and applications received after the deadline will not be accepted. If you have previously been funded by Starbucks Youth Action, we cannot support you again, but would love you to encourage your friends to apply!
First, take a look at the questions online. Think about your answers carefully before filling out the form. You can always draft your answers in a Word document and then when you are ready to submit, copy and paste your answers into the form.
- Open the online version of the application form and click ‘open’
- Complete the form with your answers. You must answer every question. If you cannot answer a question, put N/A.
- Complete or attach budget form where prompted
- Type in your email address and full name when prompted
- It will prompt you to save your form – make sure you save it somewhere safe under Youth Action Application Form
- Click ‘Submit Form’ or send your downloaded form in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
You will receive an email acknowledgement of your application shortly.If you need any help, guidance or support to complete the application form please contact Rebecca Wyatt on email@example.com or 07720 339 221.