Starbucks Reserve® Indonesia Blue Java
On the semi-forested slopes of Java, Indonesia, we encountered a startling bean.
It was ordinary in shape, size and texture – but, instead of the expected yellow-green shade of a typical bean, it flaunted a stunning blue-green hue.
The exotic find seems only natural on this jungled island rich in biodiversity, decorated with ancient volcanoes and filled with native art and mythical folklore. This is our second opportunity to offer these pristine beans after their appearance last winter. Once roasted, they deliver a dark and rich flavor profile with herbaceous notes of sage and fresh earth. It’s a sweet, syrupy and full-bodied brew that’s as stunning as the beans’ rare colour.
Available for a limited time
- Producer: Smallholder farmers
- Elevation: 3,000 – 5,000 feet
- Coffee Variety: S-795 Typica and USDA 762
- Processing Method: Washed
- Harvest dates: May-September 2011
- Tasting Notes: Notes of sage and fresh earth with a sweet and syrupy textured feel
- Pairing Flavours: Herbs, Chocolate, Mushrooms