Starbucks® Rewards Terms and Conditions
Starbucks® Rewards Terms and Conditions
Updated: 15 June 2022
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY. BY ACCESSING OR USING THIS PROGRAMME, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS DESCRIBED HEREIN AND ALL TERMS INCORPORATED BY REFERENCE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THESE TERMS, YOU SHOULD NOT PARTICIPATE IN THIS PROGRAMME.
These Terms and Conditions apply to your access to, and participation in, the Starbucks® Rewards programme which in the United Kingdom is operated by Starbucks Coffee Company (UK) Limited or its affiliated companies (collectively, “Starbucks”) (“Starbucks Rewards”). These Terms and Conditions do not alter in any way the terms or conditions of any other agreement you may have with Starbucks for products, services or otherwise. Starbucks reserves the right to change, modify and/or eliminate Starbucks Rewards and/or these Terms and Conditions or any policy, FAQ, or guideline pertaining to Starbucks Rewards at any time and in its sole discretion. Any changes or modifications will be effective immediately upon posting the revisions to www.starbucks.co.uk and you waive any right you may have to receive specific notice of such changes or modifications. Your continued participation in Starbucks Rewards will confirm your acceptance of such changes or modifications; therefore, you should review these Terms and Conditions and applicable policies frequently to understand the terms and conditions that apply to Starbucks® Rewards. If you do not agree to the amended terms, you must stop participating in Starbucks® Rewards.
ABOUT STARBUCKS® REWARDS
Starbucks® Rewards is one way in which Starbucks endeavours to reward and thank loyal customers for patronising our business and purchasing Starbucks products. Starbucks® Rewards members are able to earn and accumulate "Stars" that can be redeemed for Starbucks Rewards benefits ("Rewards") at participating Starbucks stores. Unfortunately, not all Starbucks stores have the ability to award Stars or redeem Stars for Rewards at this time. To find the location nearest you that participates in Starbucks® Rewards, visit the Starbucks Store Locator at https://www.starbucks.co.uk/store-locator.
JOINING STARBUCKS® REWARDS
To join Starbucks® Rewards go to www.starbucks.co.uk or to the Starbucks® UK mobile app (for Android™ or iPhone® device) (“App”) and follow the prompts to create an account. You will be required to provide the following information:
1. First and last name, email address, password, country of residence and marketing preferences.
2. Birthday (month, day) is optional to receive birthday offers. If you do not provide birthday information you will not receive your Birthday Reward.
When you join Starbucks® Rewards, you are automatically provided with a digital membership barcode and can request a Starbucks Card with a zero GBP (£0.00) balance. You can add funds to your digital Starbucks Card either online at www.starbucks.co.uk/account, through the App, or in-person at a participating Starbucks store. You can also register a physical Starbucks Card to your account by adding the 16 digit Starbucks Card number and security code. Starbucks Cards may include: physical Starbucks plastic cards that are available for sale from participating Starbucks stores and other retail locations (e.g. Supermarkets). Multiple Starbucks Cards can be added for use in your Starbucks UK app to collect Starbucks® Rewards, but you may have only one (1) account that is personal to you.
The Rewards that are available to you through Starbucks® Rewards are based on the number of Stars that you earn. You can earn Stars by making purchases at participating Starbucks stores in the UK and the Republic of Ireland using a registered physical Starbucks Card or the Starbucks® UK app only.
• Paying for your purchase with a Starbucks Card. When you pay with your digital Starbucks Card in the App, you will earn 3 (three) Stars for every £1 GBP you spend at participating stores. You will also earn 3 Stars for every £1 GBP spent when you a) pay in-person at a participating store with your registered physical Starbucks Card or b) scan the barcode in the App, and then use any physical Starbucks Card (regardless of whether it is registered) to complete the purchase.
• Paying for your purchase with another Payment Method. You can link a credit card, debit card or mobile wallet to your account, and use it to pay directly for your order through the Starbucks® UK App. When you pay directly with a linked payment method, you will earn 3 (three) Stars for every £1 GBP you spend at participating stores. Starbucks may add or remove available payment methods at any time in its sole discretion.
• Scan or swipe your Starbucks Card or App (or digital membership barcode) at the till and then pay with cash, credit card, debit card or mobile wallet. You can earn 3 (three) Stars for every £1 GBP you spend at participating Starbucks stores.
• Promotional Bonus Star Offers. From time to time, we, or others acting with our permission, may offer you opportunities to earn additional "Bonus Stars" through special promotions. These promotional Bonus Stars will be awarded as described in the applicable promotional offer and will be subject to any additional terms set forth in such promotional offer.
Note: Stars will be calculated and awarded to two decimal places (“Stardust”) to ensure that the full value of your transaction is recognized and credited to your Starbucks® Rewards account.
• There is no upper limit on the number of Stars that you can accrue. However, Starbucks reserves the right in its absolute discretion to impose a cap on Star accrual should it deem it necessary.
• You can view your full and current Star balance to two decimal places by logging into your Starbucks account here. However, when viewed in your Starbucks® UK app, your current Star balance will appear rounded-down to the nearest whole number on the home screen. The full balance, to two decimal places, will be tracked and accounted for on your Rewards screen in the Starbucks UK® app or on your online account.
Unless otherwise noted, Stars are automatically added to your account within twenty-four (24) hours of your eligible purchase and each Star has an individual expiration date of two (2) years from the date awarded to your Starbucks account. If a Star is not exchanged for a designated programme benefit within two (2) years of its award, the Star will automatically expire and will be deducted from your account on the date of expiration. Where you redeem a Star(s) as part of a programme benefit, Starbucks will automatically redeem and deduct such Star(s) from your Starbucks account by using the Star(s) with the shortest period left until expiration first. Starbucks reserves the right at any time to adjust your Star balance where it has reason to suspect fraudulent activity.
If the address associated with your account is located in the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland, any qualifying purchase you make using a Starbucks Card registered to your account at participating Starbucks stores in the UK or the Republic of Ireland will earn Stars as if the currency were expressed in GBP. No currency exchange is applied to the value of your purchase for the purpose of determining how many Stars you have earned.
EXCLUSIONS TO EARNING & REDEEMING STARS; PARTICIPATING STORES ONLY
Members registered in the UK and Republic of Ireland will only be able to redeem Stars in participating stores in the UK or Republic of Ireland. You cannot earn Stars on purchases of or on Starbucks Cards (such as activations, reloads, transfers, and other card-to-card transactions). Unfortunately, not all stores have the ability to honour Rewards or Star Redemption at this time. Please use the Store Locator using the ‘accepts Starbucks Card’ filter to find a location(s) nearest to you that can redeem Starbucks Rewards.
STARBUCKS® REWARDS PROGRAMME
There are two levels of benefits in Starbucks® Rewards depending on the number of Stars that you accumulate in your account. By creating an account or by activating and registering a Starbucks Card, you will be automatically enrolled in Starbucks Rewards at Green Level. Earn four hundred and fifty (450) Stars within a twelve-month period following your enrolment date and you will proceed to Gold Level.
To maintain Gold Level benefits, you must earn four hundred and fifty (450) new Stars during the twelve-month period following the date you reached Gold Level.
Opening an account or activating and registering your Starbucks Card automatically enters you into “Green Level” of Starbucks® Rewards and entitles you to receive:
The ability to earn free drinks:
Once you have entered Green Level and earned one hundred and fifty Stars (150), you will have the option of redeeming those Stars for a free barista-prepared drink of your choice at participating UK Starbucks stores (“Free Drink Reward”), with such Stars being deducted from your Starbucks account at the point of redemption. You will continue to accrue Stars with each purchase (three (3) Stars for each £1 spent) until you choose to exchange your Stars for a Free Drink Reward (each additional accrual of 150 Stars will entitle you to a Free Drink Reward).
You must present your registered Starbucks Card, digital card or scan your digital membership barcode in the App at the till point with the barista at a participating UK Starbucks store in order to redeem your Free Drink Reward. If you have provided Starbucks with a current, valid email address, you will receive a reminder email from Starbucks approximately twenty-four (24) hours after earning your 150th Star indicating that your Free Drink Reward is available for use. You can also view and track your Stars on www.starbucks.co.uk/account or in the ‘Account’ section on the Starbucks UK mobile app.
NEWS AND OFFERS
Starbucks may offer Starbucks® Rewards members early or extended access to special menu items or discounts at participating stores. You may take part in these offers by paying with a Starbucks Card registered to your account or scanning the member barcode in the App prior to your purchase.
Starbucks may offer Bonus Star promotions, where you can earn additional Stars for your purchase. Starbucks will notify you of a designated Bonus Star promotion. Starbucks reserves the right to exclude certain products and merchandise from Bonus Star eligibility and to modify the Bonus Star benefit.
Exclusive Offers, Announcements, Promotions and the newest products will be distributed by email, so you need to opt-in to receive promotional and marketing emails from Starbucks and provide a valid email address in order to receive them.
When you have earned four hundred and fifty (450) Stars within a consecutive 12 month period or less, your account will be upgraded to “Gold Level”. At Gold Level you will receive the following benefits on your account:
• All Green Level benefits (as listed above)
• Free syrups to add to your chosen beverage. Syrups: Caramel syrup (regular or sugar free), Vanilla syrup (regular or sugar free), Hazelnut syrup (regular or sugar free), Almond syrup, Cinnamon syrup, Peppermint syrup and Simple Syrup. Our LTO (limited time offer) beverages will not be part of this offer or the ability to ‘add’ the syrup of an LTO to another beverage.
• Extra shots of espresso are free to add to your chosen beverage
• Top your beverage with whipped cream for free
• A combination of the above free extras added to your beverage is also acceptable, for example order your vanilla latte with an extra shot of espresso, scan or swipe your Starbucks card, scan your digital membership barcode, or order ahead in the Starbucks® UK app and get the vanilla and the extra shot for free.
• The award of a coupon on your birthday, entitling you to a Free Drink Reward of your choice at participating UK Starbucks stores. This coupon will remain valid for 30 days from the date of issue, at which point it will expire if not redeemed.
There are no membership fees associated with Starbucks® Rewards. Stars or coupons accumulated under the programme have no cash value and cannot be redeemed for cash.
Your Stars, benefits, registered Starbucks Card(s), and your account under the Starbucks® Rewards programme are personal to you and may not be sold, transferred or assigned to, or shared with, family, friends or others. You may have only one (1) Starbucks® Rewards account that is personal to you.
Starbucks® Rewards benefits are available at participating store in the UK and are subject to change. Starbucks reserves the right to terminate your account and/or your participation in Starbucks® Rewards if Starbucks believes that you have violated these Terms and Conditions or that the use of your account is unauthorised, fraudulent or otherwise unlawful or in violation of these Terms and Conditions.
Without notice to you, Starbucks also reserves the right to "unregister" and make ineligible for Starbucks® Rewards any Starbucks Card or account that has been inactive for two (2) consecutive years. Inactivity is defined as no Stars earned during such two (2) consecutive year period. In the event that your Starbucks Card or account is unregistered or rendered inactive, all accrued Stars in your account are void.
Starbucks reserves the right to change, modify, discontinue or cancel Starbucks® Rewards or any part of the Starbucks® Rewards program, at any time and in its sole discretion, without notice to you.
If any provision or part of a provision of these Terms and Conditions is unlawful, void or unenforceable, that provision or part of the provision is deemed severable from these Terms and Conditions and does not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.