Starbucks Rewards® Terms and Conditions
Updated: 1 July 2020
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY. BY ACCESSING OR USING THIS PROGRAMME, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS DESCRIBED HEREIN AND ALL TERMS INCORPORATED BY REFERENCE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THESE TERMS, YOU SHOULD NOT PARTICIPATE IN THIS PROGRAMME.
These Terms and Conditions apply to your access to, and participation in, the Starbucks Rewards programme which in the United Kingdom is operated by Starbucks Coffee Company UK Limited or its affiliated companies (collectively, “Starbucks”) (“Starbucks Rewards”). These Terms and Conditions do not alter in any way the terms or conditions of any other agreement you may have with Starbucks for products, services or otherwise. Starbucks reserves the right to change, modify and/or eliminate Starbucks Rewards and/or these Terms and Conditions or any policy, FAQ, or guideline pertaining to Starbucks Rewards at any time and in its sole discretion. Any changes or modifications will be effective immediately upon posting the revisions to www.starbucks.co.uk and you waive any right you may have to receive specific notice of such changes or modifications. Your continued participation in Starbucks Rewards will confirm your acceptance of such changes or modifications; therefore, you should review these Terms and Conditions and applicable policies frequently to understand the terms and conditions that apply to Starbucks Rewards. If you do not agree to the amended terms, you must stop participating in Starbucks Rewards.
Subject to the terms and conditions herein, Starbucks Cards (including digital Starbucks Cards where applicable) can be activated and registered enabling them to be used as part of the Starbucks Rewards programme. as set out below.
• You can use a Starbucks Card registered to your Starbucks account to earn Stars for the gross value of each transaction at a participating Starbucks store.
• You will receive three (3) Stars for each £1 spent in participating Starbucks stores using your registered Starbucks Card.
• Stars will be calculated and awarded to two decimal places (“Stardust”) to ensure that the full value of your transaction is recognized and credited to your Starbucks Rewards account.
• There is no upper limit on the number of Stars that you can accrue. However, Starbucks reserves the right in its absolute discretion to impose a cap on Star accrual should it deem it necessary.
• You can view your full and current Star balance to two decimal places by logging into your Starbucks account here. However, when viewed in your Starbucks® UK app, your current Star balance will always appear rounded-down to the nearest whole number (the full balance to two decimal places will be tracked and accounted for in the background of the Starbucks® UK app).
• Each Star has an individual expiration date of two (2) years from the date awarded to your Starbucks account. If a Star is not exchanged for a designated programme benefit within two (2) years of its award, the Star will automatically expire and will be deducted from your account on the date of expiration.
• Where you redeem a Star(s) as part of a programme benefit, Starbucks will automatically redeem and deduct such Star(s) from your Starbucks account by using the Star(s) with the shortest period left until expiration first.
• Starbucks reserves the right at any time to adjust your Star balance where it has reason to suspect fraudulent activity.
*UK and Republic of Ireland members will be able to earn Stars (at the rate in their country of residency) in participating Starbucks stores in the UK, Republic of Ireland, USA, Canada, Australia and Mexico. However, UK and Republic of Ireland members will only be able to redeem Stars in participating stores in the UK or Republic of Ireland.Unfortunately, not all stores have the ability to honour Rewards at this time. Please use the Store Locator using the ‘accepts Starbucks Card’ filter to find a location(s) nearest to you that can redeem Starbucks Rewards.
To enroll in Starbucks Rewards and begin accumulating Stars, you will need:
• a physical Starbucks Card, which may be purchased at participating Starbucks stores. You will need to activate your new card by loading a minimum of £5. In order to register your card, and to protect the balance in case your card is lost, stolen or destroyed, you will need to visit www.starbucks.co.uk/account/cards. Follow the prompts to create an account and register at least one (1) physical Starbucks Card; or
• to Download the Starbucks® UK mobile app to your Android™ or iPhone® device. Follow the prompts to create an account and register a digital Starbucks Card.
Starbucks Cards may include: physical Starbucks branded plastic cards that are available in participating Starbucks stores, and sold by other retail locations; digital forms of the physical cards that are available through the Starbucks® UK mobile app. For more information about Starbucks Cards, please visit www.starbucks.co.uk/account/cards. The registration process may require that you provide the following information: username, password, email address (required in order to receive all eligible Rewards), Starbucks Card number, and card security code (CSC), birthday, name, and marketing preferences. All of your Starbucks Cards can be activated and registered for use in Starbucks Rewards, but you may only have one (1) account that is personal to you.
There are two levels of benefits in Starbucks Rewards depending on the number of Stars that you accumulate in your account. By creating an account, and activating and registering a Starbucks Card, you will be automatically enrolled in Starbucks Rewards at Green Level. Earn at least four hundred and fifty (450) Stars within a twelve-month period following your enrolment date and you will proceed to Gold Level.
To maintain Gold Level benefits, you must earn at least four hundred and fifty (450) new Stars during the twelve-month period following the date you reached Gold Level.
Opening an account and activating and registering your Starbucks Card automatically enters you into “Green Level” of Starbucks Rewards and entitles you to receive:
The ability to earn free drinks:
Once you have entered Green Level and earned one hundred and fifty Stars (150), you will have the option of redeeming those Stars for a free barista-prepared drink of your choice at participating UK Starbucks stores (“Free Drink Reward”), with such Stars being deducted from your Starbucks account at the point of redemption. You will continue to accrue Stars with each purchase (three (3) Stars for each £1 spent) until you choose to exchange your Stars for a Free Drink Reward (each additional accrual of 150 Stars will entitle you to a Free Drink Reward). You must present your registered Starbucks Card or digital card to the barista at a participating UK Starbucks store in order to redeem your Free Drink Reward. If you have provided Starbucks with a current, valid email address, you will receive a reminder email from Starbucks approximately twenty-four (24) hours after earning your 150th Star indicating that your Free Drink Reward is available for use. You can also view and track your Stars on www.starbucks.co.uk/account or in the ‘Account’ section on the Starbucks UK mobile app.
News and Offers:
News and offers will be distributed by email, so you need to opt-in to receive promotional and marketing emails from Starbucks and provide a valid email address in order to receive them.
Additional personalised offers and coupons:
Additional personalised offers and coupons are distributed by email, so you need to opt-in to receive promotional and marketing emails from Starbucks and provide a valid email address in order to receive them.
When you have been awarded four hundred and fifty (450) Stars within a consecutive 12 month period or less, your account will be upgraded to “Gold Level”. At Gold Level you will receive the following benefits on your account:
• All Green Level benefits (as listed above)
• Free syrups to add to your chosen beverage. Syrups: Caramel syrup (regular or sugar free), Vanilla syrup (regular or sugar free), Hazelnut syrup (regular or sugar free), Almond syrup, Cinnamon syrup, Peppermint syrup and Simple Syrup. Our LTO (limited time offer) beverages will not be part of this offer or the ability to ‘add’ the syrup of an LTO to another beverage.
• Extra shots of espresso are free to add to your chosen beverage
• Top your beverage with whipped cream for free
• Substitute any of our dairy alternatives in your beverage free of charge. Dairy alternatives: soya, almond, oat and coconut
• A combination of the above free extras added to your beverage is also acceptable, for example order your vanilla latte with an extra shot of espresso, pay with your Starbucks card and get the vanilla and the extra shot for free.
• The award of a coupon on your birthday, entitling you to a Free Drink Reward of your choice at participating UK Starbucks stores. This coupon will remain valid for 30 days from the date of issue, at which point it will expire if not redeemed.
There are no membership fees associated with Starbucks Rewards. Stars or coupons accumulated under the programme have no cash value and cannot be redeemed for cash.
Your Stars, benefits, registered Starbucks Card(s), and your account under the Starbucks Rewards programme are personal to you and may not be sold, transferred or assigned to, or shared with, family, friends or others.
Starbucks Rewards benefits are available at participating UK and Irish stores] and are subject to change. Starbucks reserves the right to terminate your account and/or your participation in Starbucks Rewards if Starbucks believes that you have violated these Terms and Conditions or that the use of your account is unauthorised, fraudulent or otherwise unlawful or in violation of these Terms and Conditions.
Starbucks also reserves the right to “unregister” and make ineligible for the Starbucks Rewards programme any Starbucks Card that has been inactive for two consecutive years. Inactive is defined as no purchase activity.
Starbucks reserves the right to terminate, discontinue, cancel or amend the Starbucks Rewards programme at any time and in its sole discretion without notice to you.
The above terms are governed by the laws of England and Wales.