Caring for the environment is just as important as caring for our communities.We are working to solve cup recycling and minimise waste inside and outside our stores. Building greener stores, preserving water and minimising our environmental footprint are also major work streams and we’ve achieved a substantial amount.
- Re-use your cup and get rewarded
- Many of our customers have said they want us to help them recycle their cups. We’re trialling a new approach with our waste services provider to fix this challenge – if we can separate cups from the rest of our waste, they can be properly recycled.
We also reward customers who bring in a reusable tumbler or cup with a 25p discount on any drink purchased. Undecided on what tumbler to use? We sell a £1 reusable tumbler, as well as a range of reusable cups for you to mix and match as you choose!
- Building greener stores
- Environmental design is at the heart of what we do, and that’s why we have more LEED certified (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) than any global brand. We have LEED-certified stores in 20 countries worldwide and recently celebrated reaching our 1,000th certified store target.
- Preserving Water
- Water is a precious natural resource and a key ingredient in our beverages, as well as our day-to-day operations. That’s why we are looking for new ways to be responsible with the water we use, consume and sell.
- Reducing our environmental footprint
- Looking after the environment is a core component of making sure we are growing the best possible produce. And it’s a huge task - that’s why we’re not alone. We partner with likeminded companies such as Conservation International and the Business for Innovative Climate and Energy Policy (BICEP) to help us meet our goals, and reduce our footprint.